Shri Bhupender Yadav, Hon’ble Minister (L&E), The Ministry of Labour & Employment, has launched eSHRAM portal on 26th August 2021. Ministry is continuously working on improving life and dignity of Labour force of country by protecting & safeguarding the interest of workers, promotion of welfare and providing social security to the Labour force both in Organized and Unorganized Sectors.
Features of e-SHRAM Portal:
- Creation of a National Database of Unorganized Workers (NDUW), which will be seeded with Aadhaar.
- It will have details of name, occupation, address, occupation type, educational qualification, skill types and family details etc. for optimum realization of their employability
- It will extend the benefits of the social security schemes to Labours.
- It is the first-ever national database of unorganised workers including migrant workers, construction workers, gig and platform workers, etc.
Who can register at e-shram Portal:
Any worker who is working in unorganized sector and aged between 16-59, is eligible to register on the eSHRAM portal e.g. migrant workers, gig workers, platform workers, agricultural workers, MGNREGA workers, Domestic workers and other workers engaged in similar other occupations in the unorganised sector.
Information required for Registration at E-shram Portal:
- Aadhaar Number,
- Aadhaar-linked mobile number and
- bank account number
- Age 16 – 59 years old
e-Shram registration process
- Step 1: Login to the official website at Click Here
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Register on e-SHRAM’ link which is present on the home page
- Step 3: Enter the Aadhaar linked mobile number and captcha code and click on send OTP
- Step 4: Follow the subsequent instructions to complete the registration process
- Enter the OTP, the registration form for e-Shram will open
- Enter personal, educational, address details and bank details
- Choose an option Previews Self-Declaration
You can now obtain the UAN card, which can also be downloaded for future use, following the preview.
Kindly Note that:
- It can be noted that if a worker does not have Aadhaar linked mobile number, he/ she can visit nearest CSC’s and register through Biometric authentication.
- Any worker who is unorganized and aged between 16-59, is eligible to register on the e-Shram portal.
What is E Shram Card?
An eShram Card will be issued to workers who successfully register for the e-Shram Portal. On that card, there will be a 12-digit UAN number. Self-registered workers who use the e-Shram portal do not need to apply individually for any other government social welfare program.
Registered members will be eligible for a variety of benefits after signing up for the Shramik Yojana and receiving an e-Shram card. Aside from that, workers will benefit from the government’s adoption of social security programs.