The Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) has enabled the new Invoice Furnishing Facility (IFF) process on the Goods and Service Tax (GST) Portal.
For every month the quarterly GSTR-1 taxpayers can opt to upload the invoices through the Invoice furnishing facility (IFF).
Invoice Furnishing Facility Available on GST Portal
- The invoice Furnishing facility(IFF) is to be given to the assessee below QRMP policy which includes Quarterly filers of Form GSTR-1 and also of Form GSTR-3B returns, as per sub-rule (2) of Rule-59 of the CGST Rules, 2017. The assessee who has chosen for quarterly filing frequency below the scheme can furnish their information of outward supplies that is Business to business invoices only concerning 1st two months of the quarter i.e through the IFF the assessee can file M1 and M2 respectively of a Quarter) in IFF. For instance towards Apr-June qtr., B2B invoices only for the months of April (M1) and May (M2).
- The facility of IFF is just similar to Form GSTR-1 and it also enables to file the information of B2B invoices in the mentioned tables only:
- 4A, 4B, 4C, 6B, 6C – B2B Invoices
- 9B – Credit / Debit Notes (Registered) – CDNR
- 9A – Amended B2B Invoice – B2BA
- 9C – Amended Credit/ Debit Notes (Registered) – CDNRA
- 13 is the last date to which the option to upload the information in IFF can be claimed. IFF will also utilize in the fling the left invoices for the particular month IFF or in the quarterly Form GSTR-1. For instance for Apr-June qtr., in IFF the B2B invoices for April (M1) can be furnished through the assessee till 13th May. Any IFF which is not furnished till the last date of the 13th of the consequent month will terminate.
- For furnishing the IFF form M1 and M2 of the month sign in to the GST portal and navigate to Returns > Services > Returns Dashboard > File Returns and then chose the Financial Year & Return Filing Period (M1/M2 of a quarter) and Tap on the SEARCH button to file the IFF forms for M1 or M2 month
- The assessee has been given an option to assess below QRMP policy to pass on ITC for recipients for M1 and M2 months in a quarter. But it is important to file the Form GSTR1 for the M3 month of the quarter:
- Documents uploaded in IFF through the supplier will show in Form GSTR-2A/2B of the recipients.
- In IFF the information can be uploaded by the supplier, via a JSON file which is created by using the Returns offline tool.
- For a similar quarter, the records furnished in IFF are urged to be furnished again in Form GSTR-1.
- In IFF the information saved can be detected or edited by using the RESET button. And it will not be deleted once it is submitted and furnished.